Pennsylvania Commission for Women and NAWBO PA
Extend Deadline for Women’s Business Plan Competition!!!
READ FULL DETAILS HERE
Submit Your “Intent to Compete” by Due Date EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20th
Submit Your Full “Application” by Due Date EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 27th
The NAWBO PA Business Plan Competition will be part of the
2014 Women’s Mentorship Symposium: “Paying It Forward,”
presented by the Pennsylvania Commission for Women.
This symposium will take place in Pittsburgh, PA
on September 30, 2014, at the Westin Convention Center.
The keynote speaker will be Lori Greiner, the “warm-blooded shark”™ on the hit
entrepreneurial business show Shark Tank on ABC!
Lori Greiner will also be one of 3 judges for the NAWBO PA Business Plan Competition.
WINNER WILL RECEIVE $10,000 TO HELP GROW THEIR BUSINESS!
The NAWBO PA Chapters: NAWBO Pittsburgh, NAWBO Philadelphia, and NAWBO Northeast PA Chapters are seeking PA Women Business Owners who started their business on or after January 1, 2012 to enter the competition. We are seeking PA women entrepreneurs that are ready to expand their business, who want to connect with like-minded entrepreneurs to enhance their success!
The finals competition will be held on September 30, 2014, in partnership with the PA Commission for Women, at the 2014 Women’s Mentorship Symposium, held at the Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA. The Symposium’s keynote speaker is Lori Greiner.
Three finalists (one from each Chapter) will present at a mini- Business Plan competition. Lori Greiner will serve as a judge and mentor. A “fast pitch” approach will be used.
- One winner will receive a $10,000 cash award — The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes on the prize awarded. The winner will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms and present legal ID prior to claiming the prize. The winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form as required. Any portion of the prize kept by the winner will be taxable.
- NAWBO membership or renewal (one year) for all finalists
PA Women Business Owners who started their business on or after January 1, 2012
Ready to Enter? Follow these steps to take your business to the next level!
- Read “Competition Rules & Key Dates“
- Submit Your “Intent to Compete” by Due Date EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20th!
- Submit Your Full “Application” by Due Date EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 27th!